Birdhouses

Monday, August 27, 2012
Hannah has developed a recent fascination with birdhouses. She points them out on our walks, she notices them in her books, for whatever reason, she's really into them.

So, in my attempts to be crafty and earn some good-Mommy points, I decided we would make our own little birdhouses. (By "make" I mean buy.) Thus, we headed to the Dollar Tree and picked up some quality $1 birdhouses and some paint. Good ol' Dollar Tree, how I love thee. 

This grand undertaking of painting birdhouses was huge for me because one, I really hate messy crafts. (Toddler+Paint=Mess.) And two, I had to let go of my need to control and let Hannah paint her birdhouse however she wanted. So what if she only wanted to paint just one of the sides of her roof pink?

Lo and behold, we had a lot of fun. I hung up the birdhouses outside. However, I am hoping no birds actually find their way into the little houses because I fear they may not be able to find their way out of them. The little Dollar Tree birdhouses look more like bird deathtraps. You get what you pay for, right?
We take our birdhouse painting seriously around here.






3 comments:

  1. Just look at Hannah's smile....that enough should confirm your charitable act :)
    And wow, Dollar Tree had those birdhouses - that is amazing! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Hannah's smile..that alone should confirm for you your charitable activity.
    And wow, Dollar Tree has those birdhouses? Amazing. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design