Cranio-Orbital Reconstruction

Thursday, August 30, 2012
That's the name of Abby's surgery. We are anxiously awaiting to here the exact date for the surgery, but we expect that it will be within the next month.

Basically, the doctors will remove her forehead, reshape it and place it back on. They expect the procedure will take around 8 hours. After the surgery she will be in the hospital for about a week. It's going to be a long week for my baby (and for us). Will you please keep us in your prayers? I would really appreciate it.


I hate, hate, hate that she has to go through this. It makes my physically sick to think about her waking up after the surgery with her eyes swollen shut, scared and in pain. It's going to be a rough time. But we honestly believe it's for the best. And I feel like I'm always saying this, but we're fortunate to live in the Boston area and have access to the best pediatricians in the country. We're just ready to have this whole thing behind us. 

The good news is she won't need to wear a helmet again.

7 comments:

  1. This will be a major prayer intention of mine. I cannot believe how brave you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! We really appreciate the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely pray, Jennie. Lots of love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be praying, Jennie. Lots of love to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery and an uneven til surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, thank you all SO much! I really, really, really appreciate your prayers! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design