Project 333 Update

Wednesday, August 29, 2012
This Project 333  is starting to get a little challenging. With all the back to school sales and cute looks for fall, I'm having a hard time resisting the temptation to buy myself some new clothes. Just look at all these cute outfits from Madewell!

Despite the temptation to expand my wardrobe, I am committed to seeing this project through for another month and a half. In fact, I should probably keep my wardrobe limited to 33 items all of the time. I really do not need more than that. And with the help of Tiny Twig's No Brainer Wardrobe, it's easy to mix and match pieces to make countless cute outfits. 

But the truth is, this project is not about the clothes. It's about simplicity and perspective. 

My word for 2012 is "simplicity." Fewer clothing choices makes things simpler. Less clothes means less laundry and less fuss in the mornings. It means less time concerned with my outward appearance. And more time devoted to what really matters.  (I don't mean to imply that looking put together is not important. In fact, I think it is very important, especially for mothers, to look well-groomed. But that post is for another day.)

More important than the simplicity factor is why I am doing this. For her and for her and for all the forgotten little ones a world away. So when I am tempted to buy a cute top or some bright skinny jeans or a new pair boots, I just think of sweet Beatrice and my resolve is renewed. Plus, she is way cuter than any of the new fall looks.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Jennie. So worth it!

    Random request...when are we going to see pics from your sisters wedding?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! I don't know. I'll have to ask Jacqui is she has any yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design