Truth

Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Truth: Sometimes as a little stay-at-home Mama, I get a tad...bored.

Don't get me wrong, I love my children and I know I am blessed to have them. Many women aren't able to have children, so really I should just shut my trap. But on hot humid days, when we're all tired and have no where to go and I don't really feel like reading another nursery rhyme or having a tea party or playing ring-around-the-rosie for the umpteenth time. My life begins to feel a little mundane. 

I fantasize about life "on the other side of the fence," or what it would be like to work outside the home again. Earn a real paycheck. Receive recognition. Converse intelligently. Most days my conversations look something like the following:

"Wook at me, Mama! I a monkey!"
"You're a monkey!"
"I a monkey!"
"You're a monkey!"
"I a monkey!"

You get the idea.

During these slower paced seasons, my impulsive temperament inevitably starts to conjure up crazy hair-brained ideas on how to shake things up a bit. My mind races with the possibilities. 

"Let's start a pro-life charity!"
"Let's start a mother's Rosary group!"
"Let's adopt a special needs orphan from Eastern Europe!"

I can get carried away.

Perhaps, these lazy last days of summer are an opportunity for me. A chance to allow myself to be a bit more still, to soak up the peace and to allow myself to be led by the inner promptings of the Holy Spirit. 

Because you know what they say about the calm before the storm.

2 comments:

  1. Truth - The years go by fast!
    Embrace the slower pace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom. I knew I could count on you for a little perspective:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design