Simple Woman's Daybook: September 20, 2012

Thursday, September 20, 2012
Outside my window...the air is crisp, leaves are falling, fall is here!

I am thinking ...about the book I've been reading, Survival Mom and whether we are prepared for any sort of disaster. I'm thinking no.


I am thankful for ...friendships, those both near and far. I have been so, so blessed by the friendships in my life.


From the kitchen ...chocolate chip cookies that were supposedly the Mrs. Fields recipe. They don't taste like Mrs. Fields, but they're still pretty good. Dinner will be chicken, risotto and butternut squash. Yum.


I am creating ...well, hopefully a Mother's Rosary/Prayer Group at my parish. I've spoken with the priest and he's going to find a time when we can use the lower church. Hopefully we can nail down a time soon.


I am going ...well, we just got back from our weekly "field trip." Today we went to a petting zoo/pumpkin farm. The girls enjoyed the fresh air and the sheep, goats and donkeys. Best part, it was free.


I am wearing...jeans, gray tank top and my trusty favorite yellow sweater. Matthew calls it my Dwight Schrute sweater because it's a mustard yellow, but I love it. 

I am reading ...Strategic Relocation. It's about the best places to relocate in order to survive natural disasters, economic collapse or nuclear war. It's a tad paranoid for my liking, but it's definitely something worth thinking about.


I am hoping ...we can all kick this little cold we seem to have.


I am hearing ...the dishwasher and Downton Abbey. The girls are asleep...at the same time! Hallelujah!


Around the house ...I put up our fall decorations, all two of them.


A few plans for the rest of the week ..the week's almost over, but tomorrow morning Abby has a check-up with her ophthalmologist during which we will hopefully set up a surgical plan for her eyes. St. Matthew's Feast Day. Saturday morning teaching for me.


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, your dinner sounds so good!! may have to make that soon. and very cool about the rosary group, good for you sister!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design