Thinking About Christmas

Thursday, September 27, 2012
Since Abby is having her surgery at the end of October, she will most likely spend most or all of November and December recuperating. Needless to say, we will be spending a lot of time inside, on the couch, watching a lot of movies. So much for the "30 minutes of TV per day rule," which let's be honest, I've never adhered to anyways.  
 

With that in mind, I've tried to get a jump start on Christmas planning and shopping. I've found that budgeting for Christmas across several months is a lot easier than jamming everything into December. Plus, I love any excuse to start thinking about Christmas...in September. 

Anyways, I'm pretty anti-giving-kids-lots of Christmas presents. I like the idea that some families have to give each child three gifts, like the three gifts the wisemen brought to Baby Jesus. Three gifts is manageable. 

So here are some of the gift ideas I have for the girls. I'm so excited to give these to them! I think I get more excited for Christmas than the kids. In fact, I know I do.

Hannah is really into dolls lately. Some of the little girls we know have little doll strollers they push around. Hannah loves playing with them (the strollers- not necessary the girls). She's seriously enraptured with them. Enraptured, I tell you. So Hannah will be getting a little doll stroller. 
How nice is this doll stroller? Seriously.
 Those of  you with little girls might like these saint dolls by Handmade by Meg. I'm dying with how cute they are. Dying. I think I'm going to get Abby the St. Philomena doll.
Mother Teresa.

St. Philomena
I also would like to get the girls some dress up clothes and perhaps some silk play scarves.
 

  But I think I might try to make the play scarves. How hard can they be? (Famous last words.)









Finally, to make our house a little more boy-friendly, I'm getting them a little wooden train set. Ten bucks from Ikea. Not bad.   
Train Set. 



I think that's about it. What do you think? Any gift suggestions?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design