Welcome!

Friday, September 7, 2012
Welcome to my new private blog! Thanks for continuing to read!

I've been thinking about making my blog private for a while. I get a little nervous about the idea of my babies' pictures being out there on the internet for the whole world to see. There are some weirdos out there and I want to keep them faraway from my kiddos. Maybe I'm paranoid, I don't know.

And I've been having a blogging identity crisis as of late.  As a not-very-serious-blogger, it can be difficult to keep up a blog that lacks a particular niche. I don't have 47 kids whom I homeschool and I'm not infertile and not to oversimplify too much, but those seem to be the two categories of Catholic women bloggers.  I read other blogs and think "ooh, I should write about that," or "man, she's such a great/funny/inspirational/faith-filled blogger" and I question what I have to offer.  I tell ya, comparison is the root of all evil.

So, along with going private, I'm going to try to stop reading other blogs for a while.  I say "try" because let's be honest, I probably won't be terribly successful. Besides, I really enjoy reading other "mommy bloggers" and I often find them really helpful and inspiring. But sometimes I find myself envying what they seem to have, whether it be a beautiful home, a house full of kids, a fashionable wardrobe or a husband who wants to adopt.

Truth be told, I feel the need to withdraw from the blogging world for a bit. I feel like I'm on the precipice of something that God has yet to reveal to me. There is something just beyond the horizon and I know not what. But I feel the need to prepare with prayer. So those of you who are on this journey with me, be assured of my prayers for you. 

2 comments:

  1. So glad I can continue reading Jennie! I don't know quite why I found it but yours was one of the first blogs I ever started reading. I love hearing about you and your family! I have the tendency to compare too. But I'm not a fun niche blogger either. I'm just me. And you're just you. And if I knew you "in real life" I'm sure we would be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mandi! I really appreciate your blogging friendship:) And I enjoy reading about you and your little family too! Hope the start of a new school week went off without a hitch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design