Crochet

Thursday, October 11, 2012
On Monday night I took a crochet class at a Michael's store. In an attempt to learn some actual tangible skills (being able to write a good essay doesn't really count), Matthew and I have decided to try to learn one new skill each month (or every two months--we have realistic expectations of ourselves).

The class was great and turned out to just be the teacher and me, so I was able to get a lot of one-on-one instruction, which I so desperately needed. She spent 2.5 hours teaching me the basics and got me started on my own project of making a scarf. I'd really love to be able to make some Christmas gifts this year, a scarf being one of those gifts. 

But considering how not-so-fast I am able to crochet, it looks like I'm going to be gifting crocheted bookmarks. Who wants one?




Just kidding, I am actually getting faster at crocheting and my goal now is to make one of these. How cute is this cowl?
 
 I'm working my way up to crocheting a cowl of this size, so for now I am making Hannah one.

This kid looks like his mom got carried away with the crocheting, which is probably how Hannah and Abby will look in a few months. But the cowl is cute, right? Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design