Greatest Friends in the World

Friday, October 19, 2012
I have the greatest friends in the world. Seriously.

A group of my friends is currently praying a novena (a nine-day prayer) for my Abby and for the success of her upcoming surgery. How lucky am I that I have friends who will pray--literally for days--for my child? Although, I suppose I shouldn't call it "luck." I am blessed. 

Before I left for college, I prayed that I would meet one or two kindred spirits at Cal. God certainly heard my prayers because I met a whole houseful. Through the campus pro-life group and through a center of Opus Dei I met a group of fun and faith-filled women. Each one of them is an answered prayer in my life. Love you guys!

Abby's surgery is fast approaching, only 3 days away now.  These last few months leading up to the surgery, our lives have been in a kind of holding pattern. Everything has been organized into "before the surgery" and "after the surgery"  and now with Monday only a weekend away, it feels as if we have been cleared for takeoff. 

As much as I am ready to have this surgery and recovery behind us, part of me just wants to take Abby and run away. I don't want her to have to go through this. No need for anesthesia, no need for surgery or for swelling or for a long recovery. No need for pain, no need for suffering.

But at the same time, we know this is all for her own benefit. Someday she will thank us, we hope.

So, if you think of it, will you please say a prayer for my baby? I'd appreciate it. Her surgery starts at 8:00am and will probably take 7-8 hours. Monday will be a long day. 

Here is part of the prayer that my friends have been praying:
Dearest Lord Jesus, we ask you now to protect little Abigail Elizabeth Richer as she prepares for surgery. You are the divine healer, and we ask you to help us in this time of need. Blessed Mother Mary, you who cared so gently for the baby Jesus, intercede for us now, giving peace to Jennie and Matthew as they prepare for the surgery and recovery of their sweet daughter.

St. Luke, pray for us.
Our Lady of Good Success, pray for us.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.
St. Elizabeth, pray for us.
St. Josemaria, pray for us.
Bl. John Paul II, pray for us (incidentally, it is his feast day on Monday--coincidence, I think not!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design