First Dentist Appointment

Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Hannah had her first ever dentist appointment yesterday. She did great! I have to say, I was really nervous with how the appointment would go. Hannah is usually a bit shy when she meets someone new, so for a strange adult to ask to poke around in her mouth with weird instruments, I figured it wouldn't go over terribly well. Thankfully, I was wrong.

I had tried to really build up the anticipation for the trip to the dentist beforehand. We watched an episode of Barney where he goes to the dentist and has a super-de-duper time. I told her of all the fun prizes she would get at the dentist, some stickers, a new toothbrush and who knows what else, the possibilities were endless!
Not looking terribly certain about this whole thing.
Like I said, she did beautifully. My brave little girl. And her teeth look good too, which I guess is the whole point of the thing. Although, the dentist did mention she will probably need braces eventually. I don't know how they can possibly know that already, she just turned three for goodness sakes.

I felt like such a responsible mother, taking my child to the dentist. There are certain parenting duties that really drive home the fact that I'm a Mom and dentist appointments are one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design