Happy New Year!

Friday, January 11, 2013
Happy 2013 and belated Merry Christmas to you! I apologize that it's been so long since I've posted. Between Christmas and the kiddos and I getting hit with a bad cold, we've been busy.

Plus, I've been going back and forth between what I want this blogging space to be. I'm thinking of keeping this blog simply as a scrapbook for my children and perhaps starting another blog about what I'm really thinking most of the time. Am I crazy to have two blogs? Probably. 

Since we had such a mostly wonderful Christmas and there is so much I want to remember I'm going to just post bullet points, hopefully I can remember everything from the past few weeks.

* Hannah, Frannie and I went to see the Nutcracker performed at our local high school. It wasn't exactly a broadway performance, but Hannah loved it and was dancing in the aisles, which was pretty cute. 

* Frannie (Matthew's Mom) threw a Christmas bash on the 23rd for all her grandkids. She went all out and Santa even showed up at the party. Know who had the best time at the party? Miss Abigail. She was dancing and rolling on the floor and playing with all her older boy cousins. Turns out we have a real party animal on our hands. That kid is hilarious.

* Christmas Eve we went to Matthew's cousin's house for a party. Our colds were just beginning at this point, but Hannah was already sounding like she was hacking up a lung. Abby and I weren't feeling so hot either. But we decided to go the party and lo and behold, it ended up being really fun. 

*The girls were able to open one present on Christmas Eve and what do you know, it was pajamas. We gave them matching Lanz nightgowns. So cute. We left some cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and put the girls to bed. 

*Matthew and I stayed up late to put all the presents under the tree and watch It's a Wonderful Life and drink some Baileys. That was so fun. I cannot believe how much I love having kids, especially at Christmastime. Putting out all the presents and knowing how thrilled they were going to be the next morning was so fun. 

* Christmas morning Hannah woke up at 5:30am, which was pretty early even for her. When she walked out into the dimly lit living room and her eyes grew large. I think she was a little overwhelmed with all the presents under the tree. We let her open just one present (she had to wait until Abby woke up to open the rest- torturous). She screamed with delight when she opened her gift. I don't even think she knew what the present was, but she was just thrilled to be opening something just for her. Eventually, two long hours later, Abby woke up. The girls were able to open their presents one at a time. My parents always made us do that, open presents one at a time. It makes Christmas morning last so much longer. 

*We received so many wonderful gifts. I think the girls favorite gifts were their backpacks and the baby doll stroller. Big hits all around.

* Later that morning Frannie and our neighbor came over for coffee and a light breakfast (croissants and fruit). Honestly, by this point in the morning we were all (except Matthew) feeling pretty poorly. I ended up going to  Mass that morning by myself, but was practically dying in the pew. So sad because the Christmas Mass at our parish is always so beautiful. 

* All of Matthew's siblings were headed over to Fran's house later in the afternoon for a lunch/dinner. We thought about not going because we weren't feeling so well, but I had promised to bring some food, so we went for all of an hour I think. Then we came home, crawled onto the couch and watched movies. 

* The cold that the girls and I had really knocked us out for about a week. It was brutal. But we're all doing much better now, thank goodness. After being so sick I'm paranoid about getting the flu or getting sick again, so we're doing a lot of hand washing around here, along with vitamins and healthy eating. I pray that keeps us healthy this winter. 

* The girls favorite movie this Christmas was hands down, Frosty the Snowman. They go crazy when it came on. Abby spins in circles when the music plays and Hannah knows most of the words to the song now. 

Okay, enough talking, here are some pictures for your enjoyment. 


 

Apparently the kings drove their soccer-style VW bug to visit the Baby Jesus.





This girl is always all about the food.

** I am so mad/annoyed at myself that I didn't take any pictures of myself with the girls. It completely slipped my mind. Ugh!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design