Happy (belated) Mother's Day

Sunday, May 19, 2013


Me and my babes.
Happy belated Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

Besides my own lovely mother, I have two grandmothers and a wonderful mother-in-law. I am quadruply blessed!

But rather than praise the many virtues of my own mom, grandmothers and mother-in-law (because I could go on and on about these ladies), I thought I might write briefly about my own kids and my own experience with motherhood.

This might sound like an annoying and braggy mom-type thing to say, but I seriously feel so lucky to have the kids that I do. They are such lovely, lovely little girls and Matthew and I are absolutely crazy about them. 

They are both so smart and funny and kind and pretty darn cute (if I do say so myself). We really like our kids, which is one reason why we want to have more of them! 
 
It's funny because before I ever became a mother and even before Matthew and I were married, I worried a little that I wouldn't like being a mom. I completely bought into the societal influences that like to pretend children ruin everything (marriage, finances, physical appearance, etc) In theory, I knew that children were a blessing, but I didn't really believe it. I just assumed that I would be disappointed each time I discovered myself pregnant.

I couldn't have been more wrong about myself. 

Being a mother has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. And I am thrilled each and every time we find out we are expecting another baby. How could I not feel anything but elation to learn there is a life (a life!) growing inside of me?

And all that fear surrounding kids is simply no longer there. Sure, there are certain stresses that come with having kids, but oh my goodness, there are infinitely more joys. 


Thank you Libby for taking these pictures! There are so few pictures that I have of myself with my kids.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pics of you, Jennie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kerry! It's such a treat to get some pictures that I'm actually in:)

    Thanks, Jac:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design