7 Quick Takes...More Than A Few Days Late

Monday, June 24, 2013
We've been so busy the last few days/weeks that bullet points are about all I can manage with this blog right now. So I figured I'd join up with Jen at Conversion Diary for some Quick Takes. Let's see if I can come up with seven...
 http://www.conversiondiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/7_quick_takes_sm1.jpg


(1)
My grandfather is on his way from passing from this world to the next. He's been heading down this road for a little while now, but now things seem to be speeding up. I've written about him on my blog before: http://californiagirlandbostonboy.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-birthday-grandpa.html. We plan to give our baby the middle name Francis in honor of him. Please pray for him and for my grandmother too.

(2) 
The girls and I hosted our Mothers Rosary Group end of the year party at our pool this past week. It was a bbq/pool party and lots of fun. I went all out and decorated all Pinteresty, I wish I had a picture. Altogether we had four moms and 8 kids, plus two more babes in utero. It was a great party and it inspired me to try to host a few more parties this summer. I have been so blessed by our group and by my new friendships with these other mothers. They've become really good friends. I'm really lucky. 

(3)
Speaking of said friends, they've been teasing me lately about being able to fit all my kids (and kids-to-be) in our car. Right now we have a little Prius and I'm convinced/determined to fit one more baby in the back seat. They think I'm crazy and that it's time to get a minivan (they each have one). I say no way, minivans are ugly and I'm really vain and really don't want to drive one. Plus, I really don't want to spend any money buying a new car. Maybe when kid #4 comes along we can get a bigger car then, but for now a new car is simply not a necessity. What do you think, am I crazy? Should I just throw in the towel and get a minivan? Ugh, I really don't want to. 


(4)
We've been trying to do a lot of fun outdoorsy activities with the kids lately. Lots of bike rides, trips to Cape Cod, the museum, etc. We're trying to live it up this summer because we know when baby makes his arrival, we won't be going much of anywhere.


(5)
 The girls have been loving playing in the pool lately. It's finally been hot enough to enjoy our pool. My parents gave Abby a huge inflatable turtle for the pool for her birthday, which has been a big hit with any and every child within a 1 mile vicinity. I bought the girls a few other pool toys too. I spent about half my childhood in the pool and I hope my kids can have the same experience. I have big plans to give Hannah some swim lessons this summer...we shall see. 


(6)
Speaking of Hannah, we received notice that she was "accepted" into the pre-school we had applied to. Hooray! I felt silly for feeling excited that she was accepted, but I admit, I was a little thrilled. I'm so dumb. Anyways, I think she's going to love pre-school. It's only two hours twice a week, the perfect amount of school at that age, in my opinion. 


(7) 
One of my dear friends just had her third baby in less than three years. A baby boy named Xavier. Congrats, Chris! 

Okay, I made it to seven. That's all I got.

3 comments:

  1. I really commend you for trying to not buy a mini van. Go you. I say try to fit all the car seats and a stroller as a trial run. They make super skinny car seats for your girls. Nancy Sayo has 3 of them.

    They are an expensive car seat, but cheaper than a van. Or the gas for a van.

    Praying for grandpa, and wish I could have been at your moms group party..so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ker. Yeah, we bought the narrow car seats last year for just that purpose. I'm determined to make it work...and yeah the gas mileage on a minivan, no thanks.

    And thank you for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your grandfather. What a lovely tribute to carry on his name.

    I hate vans too and am planning to get an SUV with a third row (once we need it). They are so ugly and scream "frumpy soccer mom"! I'm vain too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design