Weekend Fun

Monday, June 10, 2013
We had a great weekend. The weather was perfect- mid 70's and sunny. Lots of people flocked to our little beach this weekend, so the boardwalk was hoppin'.

This was also the first weekend I wasn't teaching on Saturday morning. Hooray! 

On Saturday morning we took the girls to the Boston Children's Museum. We opted to become members a while back because the museum offers special members hours in the mornings and all the exhibits are much less crowded. This is the second time we've visited and the girls just love the place. There's so many fun things for them to do, play in the sand, make bubbles, watch turtles, throw golfballs down shoots and all sorts of fun hands-on activities. 

After the museum we headed to a nearby hip little bakery. We totally plan to make this a weekend routine- museum and bakery visit. 

Saturday afternoon the girls watched a movie and we relaxed. Then we Skyped with my sister, Jacqui. It was great to catch up--right Jack?;) She's in the process of house hunting (major stressor), so we were talking about that and about house hunting in California in general (major expensive stressor). Home prices in California are just ridiculous. I have such sticker shock when I look at homes online. Personally, I would rather live in a trailer on a nice piece of land and be debt free than live in a mansion with a huge mortgage. But that's just me. Although, it might get a little crowded in a trailer with 3 kids, but that's what the big backyard would be for. Anyways...

Sunday was lovely too. We went for a family bike ride, our first of the season! The girls loved it! I did too. Hannah was so excited to leave to go on the bike ride she kept saying "okay team, let's go," which is what Matthew always says, which is something my grandfather used to always say. So funny.

We rode our bikes to a little lunch place not too far away and had lunch. Seriously, how cute do they look in their helmets? I can't handle it.



Later that afternoon, Abby wanted to wear her helmet again, so Matthew put it on her and then she fell asleep. Too cute.


Oh, and at some point this weekend we went and bought a couple of little boy newborn outfits, which was so fun and so surreal. We bought something with fire trucks on it! This boy thing is going to be a whole new world...

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I could have sworn I've visited this site before but after going through a few of
    the articles I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely pleased I stumbled
    upon it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back
    frequently!

    Here is my web page jeans loose fit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design