Busy, Busy

Monday, July 8, 2013
We've been busy busy these last few days, trying to get organized and ready for our trip to California. My grandfather's memorial service is this Friday and we're flying out on Wednesday. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to go. Trying to find tickets that didn't cost an arm and a leg this time of year wasn't easy. Both Matthew and I were close with my grandfather and so we ultimately decided we couldn't miss his memorial. The girls and I get to stay two whole weeks, which will be so, so fun. Even though it's a sad reason for traveling out there, we're really looking forward to being with my family. 

Grandpa's memorial service will actually be out at Stinson Beach, which is where he'll be buried. He and my grandmother have a house there too, so the reception will be at their house. Apparently, it's only going to be family at the service, which will actually be a ton of people (my grandparents have 13 kids, 39 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren and counting), so hopefully we'll be able to visit with family we haven't seen in a while. It's exactly what my grandfather would have wanted, the entire family spending quality time together. He was big on family. 

My parents also rented a house on the lagoon, so we get to stay the entire weekend. We're so lucky. It will be so nice. 

But like I said, we've been busy getting ready for our trip. And by getting ready, I suppose I mean doing a lot of swimming. We've had a heat wave here, so the girls have been enjoying a lot of pool time. We have a pool in our apartment complex and Matthew also signed us up for the nearby community pool. It's amazing how in just a week they've both grown so much more comfortable in the water. I love it.

My belly in all its glory.

Saying Cheese.



Apparently, I haven't taken any swimming pictures of Hannah. Sorry, fam!

The best part about all the swimming they've been doing is that it completely wears them out. Then they look like this, usually by 7:00pm or 7:30pm. Gosh, I love summer.
Best Buds.

2 comments:

  1. That pool looks awesome!!!! Have fun in CA, it can't be much hotter than what we've been having lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! and you look so good jennie, love the belly! cant wait to see you guys soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design