Peach Picking

Friday, September 6, 2013
And raspberry and blackberry picking too.

Along with camping and our cliff walk, we visited Sweet Berry Farm during our recent jaunt to Rhode Island. If you remember, we went there back in June to pick strawberries and loved the farm so much we couldn't wait to go back.

This time we picked peaches, blackberries and raspberries. We picked a ton of peaches and have been enjoying them and giving a bunch away to neighbors and friends. I made this peach and creme fraiche pie recipe from Smitten Kitchen, which was delicious, and I plan to try her peach butter recipe too.

Like I said, we really love this farm. We may even go back this fall to pick apples and pumpkins. We are also planning a visit to Parlee Farms, which is right here in Massachusetts and looks amazing. 

I love visiting farms with the kids and picking fruit because 1) I think it's fun; 2) I think it's important for kids to know where their food comes from and 3) I think it exposes kids (and adults too) to foods they might not otherwise try (like blackberries). So there's my little pitch for visiting a farm with your kids. Without further ado, the pictures.






 

Fun times were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design