My Sweet Abigail

Friday, February 7, 2014
Oh my Abigail, sweet Abigail, she's growing up so fast. I wish she would let me do her hair like this all the time. Doesn't she look cute? And old?
She and I have a little routine where she comes up behind me and gives me a hug and then I say, "Who's there?"
She says, "it's me!"
"Who's me?" I ask.
"It's me, Gah bell!"
"Oh, Gah bell! I missed you!"

I love it mostly because I love to hear her try to say her name. "Gahbel." Truth be told, I'll be a little sad when she learns how to say her name correctly. 
 Of course, now she's started calling Hannah "Gah bell" too. She'll say "c'mon Gahbell" when she wants Hannah to play with her.
 One of her favorite things right now is to jump. She loves to jump on the couch, jump on the bed and her "dancing" is mostly just jumping.
We were in Target last week and she saw this little dog Scout. He's a character in the Leapfrog series, which is currently a favorite show around here. While we were in the store she wouldn't put it down. She brought it up to me asking "please, please?" She wanted me to buy it for her. She never asks for anything, but I said no. It was a bit expensive.
Later when we were home I started thinking more about how sweetly she had asked for Scout. I hated saying no to her. We had some Target gift cards from Christmas and so I decided that the next time we were in Target I would let her get him.

It was so fun to see how excited she was with her new toy. We took Scout home and she couldn't stop playing with him. Scout slept in her arms that night.
I typically don't indulge my children's whims for a toy, but I'd hate to always be the one to say no. It was fun to say "yes" this time. And totally worth it too.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is so stinking cute! Her hair is adorable. And I love the scout story and how she says her name..literally brought tears to my eyes because I miss them so much! She is getting way too old, can't wait until June to see these adorable kiddies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you're so cute (and hormonal!) Aunt Jacqui! I cannot wait to meet your kiddo. Oh, I love squirt so much already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha totally hormonal, anything family oriented! haha dad has called it quirt before too. i cant get over how cute these pics of abby are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made all my roommates read this. Abs is too cute, actually dying at the "Gah-bell" name she is so cute! Love this family so much, miss you all xoxo (also the pics of luke omg so stinkin cute! Obviously showed them those too.. The house has adopted your kids as their own nieces/nephews haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made all my roommates read this. Abs is too cute, actually dying at the "Gah-bell" name she is so cute! Love this family so much, miss you all xoxo (also the pics of luke omg so stinkin cute! Obviously showed them those too.. The house has adopted your kids as their own nieces/nephews haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design