Best Chocolate Zucchini Cake Ever

Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Bear with me, it's my second recipe post today. But it's Fat Tuesday, we've got to live it up while we can!

I found this Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe online and adapted it a bit (less sugar, more applesauce, added in chocolate chips-of course). It is so good, if I do say so myself.
Half eaten already.
Ingredients

  • 4 cups shredded zucchini (I used 3 medium sized zucchinis)
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used half whole wheat and half white)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (use natural unsweetened cocoa, NOT Dutch processed)
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup +1 Tablespoon granulated white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter (12 Tbsp or 1 1/2 sticks), melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of applesauce
  • chocolate chips
Melt the butter. Add the sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and applesauce to the melted butter. Stir. Add in the flour, cocoa and baking soda. Mix well. Finally add in the chocolate chips. 


Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. (I used a bundt cake pan.) Let cool and enjoy!

This is why I'm not a food photographer. Don't let the pictures fool you, it really is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design