Buddy

Tuesday, March 18, 2014
"I like smiling. Smiling's my favorite."
-Buddy the Elf, aka Lucas Richer

Lucas is by far the smiliest of our babies so far. He is such a happy little guy.  He's four and a half months old now and while some mothers would say they can't believe how quickly time is flying by, truthfully I can't believe he's only four months old. It feels like he's been a part of our family for so much longer than that. 

At his four month check up, he weighed 16lbs, which apparently is around the 75th percentile. I forget his exact height, but he is tall for his age, for whatever that's worth. I was so relieved that he's growing as well as he is, considering the rocky start we had with trying to feed him. Sadly, he no longer nurses and I am exclusively pumping and bottle feeding him. I do feel like I am missing out on the breastfeeding relationship, but I am happy that he is getting mostly breastmilk. It is what it is. 

He loves his sisters, particularly Hannah. She can make him laugh like no other. He has the cutest giggle and laugh. And man oh man, does she love him. She wants to marry him and often acts out their wedding. Poor little brother. 

He can roll over, but doesn't do it all the time yet. He's not a big fan of tummy time, but he puts up with it well enough.

Poor boy, he's teething up a storm. He's constantly drooling and his fist is always in his mouth. It's actually quite impressive that he can fit his entire fist in his mouth.


His hair is turning out blonder than I expected and he has the prettiest blue eyes. He also lucked out because like the girls, he has really long eyelashes. However, also like the girls, he got my very thick eyebrows. 
I don't know if it's a boy thing, but he is constantly moving, kicking his legs or batting something with his arms. We call him "big twticher richer." He loves his bouncy seat and will kick his legs and bounce himself for up to an hour. That's a really long time. 

Some of his nicknames right now are Lukey, Lukey-lou (not very masculine), Buddy (what I mostly call him), Pal (what Matthew mostly calls him), Handsome, Frank (after his great-grandfather and his middle name) and a few others, but those are the main ones.

I hate to admit it, but he likes to watch TV. I know, I know, bad parent that I am, I let him watch television. But he really does watch it. In my defense, I do read to him and he also really loves that. He will sit rapt with attention while I read him a book. 

I love having a boy. He still feels very much like a baby and not so much a boy yet, but I really look forward to when he'll be interested in cars and trains and making noises and all the things little boys like to do. 

As Hannah says, "he is such a good baby. I love him so much." My sentiments exactly, dear.  

3 comments:

  1. Love him! All of them. And yay he's wearing that onesie we got him haha, so cute. I can't wait to meet him in June. I hope you guys are still coming to SB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little onesies you got him is so cute. I love little boy clothes! We are still planning to fly out in June. I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait that long to meet your little one! Agh, only a few weeks left now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay glad it fits! I know, you guys should come out before then and just stay..all summer! And maybe longer ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design