Daybook for Wednesday February 25th

Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Currently... the kids are playing with the hamper in the bedroom. They're pretending to hide in it and go to sleep. I don't know, they're having fun.

Pondering...this quote by Pope Benedict XVI and how I can ensure that my children know and understand this truth.
Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary. - Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI

Doing...laundry, cleaning, organizing, getting rid of junk. Trying to assess what we will really take with us when we move. (Matthew wants to take basically nothing. Despite the fact that I consider myself a minimalist, I guess I'm a little more attached to our things.)

Finding...that although I often want to "do all the things" during Lent, it's okay to realize that some years that simply won't be possible and that God does not want empty sacrifice, but rather our whole hearts.
For thou hast no delight in sacrifice; were I to give a burnt offering, thou wouldst not be pleased. The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.(Psalms 51:17-18)

Listening to...Hannah and Lucas shriek with delight in the bedroom. I think they're tickling each other. Abby whining because she wants to wear her roller skates in the house. 

Praying for...the kidnapped Christians in Syria. All Christians in the Middle East. (What the h is going on in this world and when are we going to do something about it?) For family and friends.

Captured...

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design