A Few Happenings This Week

Monday, November 23, 2015
A few happenings around here this week, or subtitled, a few reasons why I'm stressing out this week. 

1) We are moving! Woo hoo! Finally! We are moving to a great little town that we believe will be a wonderful place for our family. I cannot wait. We have been preparing to move for the last two years and ready to move for the last six months. There have definitely been some unexpected twists and turns along the way, but we really believe God has been at the helm the entire time. 

As excited as we all are to move and to have a new home, the actual moving part is starting to stress me out. Although we probably own a lot less stuff than the average family of six, we still have a bunch of things that needs to get from point A to point B. It's a bit overwhelming. Matthew is more the "it will all work out" type and I'm more the "let's make lists and lists of exactly how we're going to make it all work out." I'm sure I'm really fun to be married to.

2) Matthew has been really busy with work lately, which is a good thing, but it also means longer hours for me. I've given up drinking wine during the week in an attempt to lose weight, so yeah, the longer days have been rough. 

3) The story Matthew has been working on has been really all-consuming, for lack of a better description. I suppose I can't really say more than that, but it's been emotionally draining for both of us. But interesting!

4) It's Thanksgiving this week! I love this time of year. We usually reserve a turkey from a local organic farm, but this year, between the move and the new baby, we've decided to resort to good old Whole Foods. We'll be picking up our turkey and I'll be cooking our usual Thanksgiving feast that only Matthew and I will end up eating. Although, Hannah assures me she will definitely be eating turkey and cranberry sauce this year too. We'll see.

We have a little tradition where after our Thanksgiving dinner we watch the movie Elf and eat pumpkin pie. Last year was the first year where the girls watched with us and they really enjoyed the movie. I'm looking forward to doing it again this year.

5) Olivia is being baptized on Sunday after Mass. I'm so excited. I feel so anxious to just have her baptized already. She is actually going to be baptized in the extraordinary form. We have a new priest at our parish who is trained in the Latin Mass and all things old school. He was talking with our Moms' group and mentioned how he recently performed a traditional Latin baptism. I mentioned that Olivia was scheduled to be baptized soon and would he mind performing the rite? He was more than willing, so it's scheduled for Sunday. I'm not entirely sure how the baptism will be different than our other children's, so I've been reading up on the Shower of Roses blog on what to expect. I believe all her children were baptized in the extraordinary form. You can read about it here

6) Amidst all the goings-on, the children still need to be fed, laundry still needs to get done, and life continues on. It's been a busy year for us and I'm looking forward to simply getting settled into our new home and enjoying all of our many blessings, namely this little love. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design